Why e-biking in the Dachstein Salzkammergut is worth the effort
E-biking amidst spectacular scenery
Throughout your e-bike tour you will experience the impressive lakes and mountains of the Dachstein Salzkammergut from a very different perspective. You will notice that you are surrounded by numerous mountain ranges as you take to the shores of beautiful Lake Hallstatt or the crystal clear Lake Gosau. Take time out to admire the spectacular panoramic views of the Dachstein or the Gosaukamm or visit the four picturesque World Heritage villages (Hallstatt, Obertraun, Gosau at Dachstein and Bad Goisern at Lake Hallstatt) (@visitdachsteinsalzkammergut). If you happen to be by Lake Hallstatt or the Gosau Lake right now, take the time to sample the water (guaranteed drinking water quality). This is a perfect way to cool down before, during or after your e-bike tour. Tips for where to go for the best views are highlighted in our Panorama Tours.
Traditional and hearty culinary treats while you are on the go
„Holzknechtnockn“ („Lumberjacks‘ Dumplings“), fish, sausage made from mountain chamois meat, Kaiserschmarrn (typical sweet delicacy) – stop off at one of our mountain huts or at a traditional inn and let us spoil you. For a light lunch we recommend char from Gosau at the Rathlucken Hut in Bad Goisern at Lake Hallstatt, or a cool Hallstatt Zwickl beer at the Steegwirt to help rehydrate yourself. You will enjoy a „gsunde Jausn“ („healthy snack“) up at the Iglmoosalm in Gosau am Dachstein. There are plenty of reasons to take a break from your E-Bike Tour. See our Delicacies Tours for more tips on where is good to eat and drink.
When you want to take a break from your e-bike …
… there are so many places of local interest to choose from. Highlights include short (or longer) walks on the Dachstein Krippenstein in Obertraun to the 5fingers viewing platform and the World Heritage Spiral, tours of the Dachstein Giant Ice Cave and Mammoth Cave. Or you might choose to discover the world’s oldest Salt Mines in Hallstatt. To learn more about tradition and local handicrafts visit the Hand.Werk.Haus and the Mustard Shop AnnaMax in Bad Goisern at Lake Hallstatt. If you have children, a visit to the Primeval Forest Natural Park in Gosau at Dachstein is a must!
In a nutshell: e-biking in the Dachstein Salzkammergut ...
- E-Bike tours to suit your needs: lake and river, panorama, delicacies, easy, medium, heavy
- Lakes and mountains merge into one huge, magnificent panorama
- Traditional food and drink in rustic mountain huts
- Attractions and stop-off points for short breaks throughout your E-Bike tour
- When you want to take a break: Hikes on the Dachstein Krippenstein (5fingers, Dachstein Giant Ice Caves) or on the Zwieselalm, tours of the Salt Mines, the Hand.Werk.Haus, the Mustard Shop AnnaMax,…
- Numerous Bike Specialists in the region will be able to provide their services throughout your biking holiday – accommodation with lockable facilities to store your bike, shuttle services, bike hire, service facilities to name just a few!