DACHSTEIN CIRCUIT Sportsman’s Tour
- 3 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 3 x overnight stay with breakfast (1x ***inn/hotel, 2x hut – double rooms and communal bunks, hut sleeping bag mandatory*)
- 1 x cable car trip to the Zwieselalm
- 1 x Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card (for the overnight stay in Ramsau)
- 1 x hiking map (1 x per room)
- 1 x Dachstein hiking book (1 x per room)
- 1 x bus ticket OR transfer from Obertraun to Gosau
- 2 x luggage transfer - max. 2 pcs./person and max. 25 kg/piece of luggage
- Daily service hotline from 09.00 - 19.00 o’clock (also on weekends)
- 01.07.2020 until 30.09.2020
Additional access points on day 3.
1st day: Individual arrival in Gosau and cable car to the Zwieselalm, hike to the Hofpuergl lodge
~10 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á 850 m / â860 m
Overnight stay at the Hofpuergl lodge.
Luggage transfer from Gosau to the Tuerlwand where you spend the following night (Overnight backpack and hut sleeping bag* for the night at the Hofpuergl lodge have to be carried by yourself!)
2nd day: High altitude hike from the Hofpuergl lodge to the Suedwand lodge, descent to the Tuerlwand.
~12,5 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference á895 m / â882 m
Overnight stay in Ramsau under Mount Dachstein.
3rd day: For the alpine hike to Guttenberg lodge two variants are possible:
1. Walk from the hotel over the Ramsau plateau and ascent on trail 616 to Guttenberg lodge. Recommended in cloudy and foggy weather conditions.
~6,5 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á1044 m / â69 m
2. Ascent by cable car to the Dachstein glacier (to be paid on spot). High altitude hike on trail 674 to Guttenberg lodge
~9,5 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á264 m / â861 m
Overnight stay at Guttenberg lodge.
Overnight backpack and hut sleeping bag* for the night at the Guttenberg lodge have to be carried by yourself.
ATTENTION: If you decide to take the route via the Dachstein Glacier it is very important to make a reservation for your gondola ride here: www.derdachstein.at/en - at minimum 1 week in advance. Otherwise the gondola could be fully booked.
For the reservation guests are responsible for themselves.
4th day: High altitude hike from the Guttenberghaus over the plateau “Am Stein”, to Krippenegg, one mainstay of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Hallstatt – Dachstein – Salzkammergut with its viewing platforms and ice caves ~16 km, 6 h, altitude difference á241 m / â1781 m; Optional descent with the cable car to Obertraun. (to be paid on spot)
Take the public bus from Obertraun back to Gosau (time schedule included in documents).
Luggage transfer from the Tuerlwand to Gosau
Luggage pick-up in Gosau. Individual departure or additional nights
Sportsman’s Tour 3 nights / 4 days - Hiking without luggage!
“World heritage region”: the mighty Dachstein – 2995 meters high – has been decorated with this award in 1997. The impressive mountain landscape along with Hallstatt and the region Dachstein Salzkammergut were named world heritage region by UNESCO.
Requirements and general information
The tour mainly covers alpine terrain. You will need appropriate mountain equipment and basic stamina. Necessary mountain equipment: ankle-high boots, functional clothes, rucksack, food and water, rain and sun protection, first-aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking sticks,…Your route is recorded for posterity when you enter your name in every hut logbook in the Dachstein Mountains. The routes are well signposted, although the signs could partly be covered by snow. Hence, it is imperative that you take your maps and the Dachstein hiking book with you. An experienced guide is available to accompany you upon request.
The carrying out of the tour is dependent on weather conditions! Alternative walking routes are always possible.
Rates per person and arrangement in €:
01.07. - 01.10.2020
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut)with bus transfer 325,--
Supplement half board (3 course dinner in inns/hotels and partly also in huts otherwise 1 course hikers-meal in huts) 74,--
Supplement1 x single room (communal bunks in huts) 40,--
extra charge transfer Obertraun – Gosau 1-2 Pax 86,--
additional person 11,--
Additional night double room with breakfast 57,--
Additional night supplement for half board 18,--
Additional night supplement for single room 13,--
Mountain guide on request
Day of arrival daily
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- * Hut sleeping bag: blankets are available in the huts; necessary but mandatory is only a lightweight cotton/silk sleeping bag liner
- Overnight stay in communal bunks or multi-bed rooms. Double rooms on request possible, except at Hofpurgl lodge and Goiserer lodge. The hosts will always try to accommodate travellers who are not used to communal bunks in their own rooms if at all possible.
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation.
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
We recommend travel cancellation insurance:
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.