on the tracks of the white gold
- group offer (suitable for groups)
- package without accommodation
- duration: 5 hours
Your daily program includes:
Ascent and descent with the Salzbergbahn Hallstatt
- Admission and guided tour to the Salzwelten Hallstatt
- Observation platform "Welterbeblick" - The platform floats almost freely at a height of 360 meters and offers a unique view of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Hallstatt
- Lunch (optional) on the Salzberg or in Hallstatt
- Boat trip on Lake Hallstatt from Hallstatt Markt to the station and back
- Visit to the ossuary at the Catholic parish church
- 15.04.2019 until 31.10.2019
It is the "white gold" that brought prosperity to the Salzkammergut.
The salt from the mountain of Hallstatt, which has been mined there for thousands of years from the rock. The Salzbergbahn leads into the high valley of the Salzberg, on historical ground, which gave its name to an entire human age: the Hallstatt period.
A visit to the Salt Worlds will give you insights into the techniques of salt mining, once and now. The new "World Heritage View" offers views and the insight, why the landscape of the Salzkammergut fascinates so many people.
Our tip: hike along the oldest pipeline in the world, on the brine pipeline route from Hallstatt via Bad Goisern and Bad Ischl to Ebensee!
- Suitable for friends