Echerntal Theme Trail
Take a stroll through the wild, romantic Echerntal valley to these breathtaking waterfalls.
A short, well sign-posted trail leads you from Hallstatt to the Waldbachstrub Waterfalls. Great torrents of water come crashing down a 90 metre high sheer rock face, divided into 3 "stages" and disappear into the depths.
There is a welcoming bench for you to sit on and admire the beauty of this natural wonder.
The waterfalls are popular not only with visitors in summer, but also with people who live in the area.
Duration for the route: 1,5 hours
open daily, if the snow situation is too high, the trail could be blocked.
- opened daily
650 mAccessibility / arrival
The starting point for the trail is the "Babylon" near the "Wiesberg" car park.
- by car: parking area on P1, P2 and P3
- by train: arriving in Hallstatt you take the ferry to Hallstatt, from the pier you walk 15 minutes
- by bus: you arrive directly on the busterminal, from there it is a walk about 10 minutesFrom €
- Parking space: 450
- Bus parking space: 15
3,50 per hour Fee for buses: € 40,00 per day
no entrance fee
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.