Obertraun beach resort
Water suitable for bathing
- Water temperature: 18° (Report dated 20.08.2019 - 10:00 )
Experience a wonderful day with your family and friends at the beach resort Obertraun, one of the most beautiful and well-kept bathing places in the Dachstein Salzkammergut. The lido in Obertraun is located directly on the shore of the crystal clear Lake Hallstatt. Embedded in the surrounding mountain landscape, the Lake Hallstatt offers optimal bathing fun at up to 23 degrees.
A spacious footbridge provides easy access to the water. Even wheelchair users have the possibility to get from the jetty with a pool lift into the water.
Leisure activities in the beach resort
A children's playground in the middle of the spacious sunbathing lawn offers plenty of variety for bathing fun. Sports canons can let off steam on the newly laid out beach volleyball court to their heart's content. An adjoining piece of forest provides the necessary shade for relaxation in midsummer temperatures and the buffet directly on the shore provides delicious snacks and refreshments for the physical well-being.
A special extra of the beach resort Obertraun, besides free access, are the numerous barbecue areas where you can grill to your heart's content. So nothing keeps you from having a perfect summer day at Lake Hallstatt.
Live Webcam of the beach resort Obertraun.
Experience here a 360° tour from the beach resort in Obertraun…
Obertraun beach resort
Strandbad Obertraun, Obertraun 169
powered by TOURDATA
1. The presented swimming locations and access sites to bodies of water are to be considered free suggestions and serve exclusively as non-binding information. We do not intend to enter a contract with the users of this website. Using the data does not conclude a contract with us. The data must only be used for private use; any commercial use is forbidden. In particular, it is prohibited to offer the data on commercially operated websites, file-sharing platforms, etc. or to utilize it for the development of commercial products. The download does not provide the user with any rights to the respective data.
The information we have posted in the section [...] was gathered with the utmost care. Nonetheless, we do not assume any liability regarding correctness and completeness of the information.
The information posted in the section [...] was not posted by us but by third parties (§ 16 E-Commerce Act (ECG)). We do not have any influence on whether the information provided there (such as entry points, depth, hazardous areas, currents, temperatures, water quality, etc.) is authentic, correct, or complete. We do not examine these foreign contents. For this reason, we do not assume any liability regarding the authenticity, correctness, or completeness of the information.
Construction measures and other influences can result in a temporary or permanent obstruction or shutdown of the swimming location or access site to the body of water. In this case, their utilisation might be restricted or impossible.
The use of the data as well as the use of the swimming locations and the bodies of waters occur at the user’s own risk on his/her own responsibility. The user is, in particular, responsible himself/herself for complying with the regulations (e.g. swimming bans, jumping into the water in designated areas only, avoiding pollution, bans on open fires, etc.), assessing his/her own personal capabilities, assessing risks, orientation, etc. We exclude any kind of liability for any damage, particularly for any accidents.
2. We are not responsible for the contents of external websites; in particular, we do not assume any liability for their statements or contents. Furthermore, we do not influence the design or contents of websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at. The websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at are not regularly monitored. Furthermore, we do not assume any claims to the websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at.
1. Each of your recommendations regarding a swimming location or an access site to a body of water or any other details or information is free of charge. Neither do we assume any liability for your recommendations and, in particular, the correctness of the information nor are we liable for any kind of consequence that is a result of the use of your suggestion by a third party (particularly by users of this website). At no time will we check the suggestions or any other details or information you have posted.
We do not intend to enter a contract with those who post suggestions or any other details and information on this website. Posting any data (information) does not conclude a contract with us. With the recommendation of a suggestion, you are assuming special responsibility towards other users. Please take this responsibility seriously and describe your suggestion with the utmost care to the best of your knowledge and belief.
2. Your suggestions shall contain and sufficiently describe at least the following criteria in a clear and unambiguous manner:
- Entry points
- Hazardous areas
- Water quality
3. By posting the recommendation of a suggestion, you are instructing us with saving your suggestion and the details provided by you on our website, and with granting permanent access to third parties, particularly to users of this website. We reserve the right to partly or completely block or delete the suggestions and other details or information you have posted anytime without giving any reason. This shall not give rise to any kind of claim on your part.
Thank you for your efforts!
4. We are not responsible for the contents of external websites; in particular, we do not assume any liability for their statements or contents. Furthermore, we do not influence the design or contents of websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at. The websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at are not regularly monitored. Furthermore, we do not assume any claims to the websites that can be accessed from dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to dachstein.salzkammergut.at.at.
opened from June till September
General price information:
Accessibility / arrival
Federal road B158 direction Bad Ischl
in Bad Ischl driveway onto Salzkammergut Straße B145 in direction to Bad Goisern, Hallstatt and Obertraun
A1 motorway exit Regau on Salzkammergut Straße B145 direction Gmunden, Bad Goisern, Hallstatt and Obertraun
A9 motorway exit Liezen on B320
in Trautenfels turn onto Salzkammergut Straße B145 via Bad Aussee to Obertraun
A10 Tauernautobahn to exit "Eben im Pongau", from there via Annaberg, Gosau and Hallstatt to Obertraun
get off at the bus station “Obertraun Feriendorf”, from there 100 m walk
from Linz/Salzburg to Attnang-Puchheim, change to train to Stainach-Irdning
or from Stainach-Irdning Zug direction Attnang-Puchheim
get off at train station "Obertraun-Dachsteinhöhlen", from there 500 m walk
- Parking space: 190
- Garage-parking: 0
- Parking area for disabled: 1
- Bus parking space: 0
Parking feesper hour € 1.00
day ticket: € 12.00
3-day ticket: € 30.00
7-day ticket: € 50.00
payment per pitch
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for pushchairs
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Toilet facility
- Kayak / canoe / rafting
- Swimming / bathing
- other water sports: Stand Up Paddling
Für Informationen beim Kontakt anfragen.
- ground level accessible
- ramp accessible
The beach resort in Obertraun is one of the most beautiful and well-kept bathing facilities around Lake Hallstatt. Since there is also a wide range of leisure activities, it´s suitable for the whole family! Experience a wonderful day with your family and friends...