Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein:
Are you ready? For 30 kilometers finest powder? For the longest descent in Austria?
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein in Dachstein, in the Upper Austrian Salzkammergut region has been chosen as a hot spot for the freerider scene by the magazine SnowPlanet! And as well as the runs and cliff drops, the Krippenstein is convincing with its exciting programme of outdoor events –far removed from the mainstream.
Thirty kilometres of off-piste variants and the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein glacier area whet your appetite for powder snow and wide boards. Whether it’s skiing or snowboarding, the many variants in the Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein and the expanse of the Dachstein Plateau fills every powder snow fan with enthusiasm! Schönberg, Imisl and Eisgrube offer rough jagged ridges, slopes which are rich in diversity and select forest routes, 1500 metres altitude for each ride demands fitness and concentration.
Here are the areas to have fun on:
- 30 kilometres off piste variants
- the longest descent in Austria, at 11 kilometres in length
- the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein Glacier area and modern snow-making facilities 1500 metres altitude difference
- Signposted snowshoe trails to World heritage helix, 5fingers, Dachstein shark
- Cross country skiing at Krippenstein Gjaidalm
- an ultramodern cable car
- one hundred metres square high Alpine terrain to let off steam on
- relaxed Alpine huts and lodges where you get to relax (or really party)
NEW in Winter:
- Mountain restaurant Dachstein Krippenstein with panoramic Dachstein view
- Event location/room with panorama terrace
- Groomed & signposted snowshoe-trails e.g. snowshoe trails to the Dachstein shark, viewing platform 5 fingers
- Special snowshoe offers, guided snowshoe tours and mountain safety camps
- Guided snowshoe hike: from 21 December 2019, every Tuesday & Sunday, 9:30 am, info & registration: www.bergwandern.co.at
Latest weather information from the top of mountain:
Current weather info
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein will be open from 21 December 2019 right through until 29 March 2020!
Daily operating hours winter:
Cable car section 1: from 8.30 a.m. to 4.50 p.m.
Cable car section 2: from 8.40 a.m. to 4.40 p.m.
Cable car section 3: from 8.50 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
(Gondola every 15 mins)!
Lift facilities: open from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Early tourer rides: from 16.02.2020, always SAT + SUN, early ride 7.30 a.m.
Easter: 10 to 13 April 2020:
Cable car operation (section 1-3)
daily from 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. + great summit offer
PS: For summer operation please visit www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com
- opened daily
Federal road B158 direction Bad Ischl
in Bad Ischl driveway onto Salzkammergut Straße B145 in direction to Bad Goisern, Hallstatt and Obertraun
A1 motorway exit Regau on Salzkammergut Straße B145 direction Gmunden, Bad Goisern, Hallstatt and Obertraun
A9 motorway exit Liezen on B320
in Trautenfels turn onto Salzkammergut Straße B145 via Bad Aussee to Obertraun
A10 Tauernautobahn to exit "Eben im Pongau", from there via Annaberg, Gosau and Hallstatt to Obertraun
get off at the bus station “Obertraun Dachsteinseilbahn”
from Linz/Salzburg to Attnang-Puchheim, change to train to Stainach-Irdning
or from Stainach-Irdning Zug direction Attnang-Puchheim
get off at train station "Obertraun-Dachsteinhöhlen", from there 45 min walk or change to the bus
Detailed information on the respective train and bus times can be found at https://www.oebb.at/en/ (train) and https://www.postbus.at/en (bus).
Free of charge!Shuttle service
Free ÖBB ski bus for skier and snowboarder from Bad Isch to Obertraun with valid guest card! Mehr Infos auf http://www.postbus.at/
track and trail information
- 9 km: medium
- 3 km: difficult
- Freeride area: 30 km
> Freeride- & ski school in the valley station
> Ski rental & shop in the valley station
> LVS system in the ski area
> Skiline service & free WiFi hotspots
> Yeti-Ticket: snow shoes hire + cable car journey
> Rumpler-Ticket for ski tourers
- Skiing arena for children
- Sports Shop
- 73 Snow cannons
- 3 Tows
- 1 Chairlifts
- 3 Funicular
- Freestyle (ski/board)
- Cross-country skiiing
- other winter sports: Snow shoe hiking, winter hiking, ice climbing, snowkiten, ski tours
- Toilet facility
- Diaper room
- Sport courses : Guided snow show tours!
- Adult: € 41,90
- Youth: € 29,30
- Child: € 19,60
Further price information
GROUPE OFFERS: We have devised some special offers for coach, tour and school parties (from 20 people). To enquire, call +43 50 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org! Ski passes plus EUR 2,00 deposit for keycard.
YETI-TICKET for snowshoe walkers
= cable car journey + snowshoe hire
RUMPLER-TICKET for ski tourers
All offers subject to typographical errors, amendments and errors!
VisaMastercardDiners ClubAmerican ExpressDebit cardQuickCash
We have devised some special offers for coach, tour and school parties (from 20 people).
To enquire, call +43 (0) 50 140 or email@example.com!
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein, Winkl 34
+43 50 140
Dachstein Tourismus AG
+43 50 140
Legal contact informationDachstein Tourismus AG
Inhaber/in: Dachstein Tourismus AG