Nature Reserve Lake Koppenwinkl
Lake Koppenwinkl and the surrounding area is a natural reserve since 1978! Surrounded by green riparian forest, the lake is a place to relax and breathe.
Nature reserve in Obertraun
This small but deep lake with steep rocky sides is one of the most romantic and impressive sights in the area. A path from the Koppenwinklalm mountain pasture leads you in a westerly direction to the "Bundessportschule" - a sports training centre. The walk takes about an hour, and you pass the "Buehlerbach" stream and the so-called "Ebnersteg". Following this "Ebnersteg", Reith, the highest part of Obertraun, can be reached in around 15 minutes.
Details are included in hiking guides of the area!
360° view over the Holiday Region Dachstein Salzkammergut...
530 mAccessibility / arrival
- Westautobahn - Exit Regau or Thalgau - in direction to Bad Ischl - Bad Goisern - Obertraun
- Tauernautobahn - Exit Golling or St. Martin - in direction to Gosau - Obertraun
- in direction from Graz via Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun
- Westbahnstrecke - change at Attnang-Puchheim
- train connection - Attnang-Puchheim - Stainach-Irdning
in direction from Salzburg: change at Bad Ischl - in direction to Hallstatt/Obertraun
From the inn Koppenrast it takes you a few minutes by feet to reach this place of happiness.
- Parking space: 5
no parking fees
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for pushchairs
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for children
families and elderly persons
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.
- Escort required