Take a journey into the past: through the Stone Age, the Bronze Age, the Hallstatt Period, the La Tène Period, and the Roman Era - up to the modern era.
In the Hallstatt Highlands is the famous burial ground which gave the name "Hallstattkultur" to an entire Era. The findings, which are exhibited in the museum, show exquisite luxury and an elitist understanding of the arts, as well as world-wide trade relations.
November to March: 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
(Monday, Tuesday closed)
April and October: 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (daily)
May to September: 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (daily)
In christmas holiday the museum is open daily from 11 am till 3pm!
- by car: parking area on P1, P2 and P3
- by train: arriving in Hallstatt you take the ferry to Hallstatt, from the pier you walk 3 minutes
- by bus: you arrive directly on the busterminal, from there it is a walk about 10 minutes
- Parking space: 450
- Bus parking space: 15
From € 3,50 per hour Fee for coach: € 40,00 per day
- Toilet facility
Adults € 10,00
Children € 8,00
Families € 18,00
Pupils € 4,00
Groups (at least 10 people) € 8,00
Seniors (from 60 years up) and Students (with ID) € 8,00
- Salzkammergut Sommer-Card
RED. RATE WITH CARD 2017
Adults € 9,00
- Salzkammergut Winter-Card
RED. RATE WITH CARD 2016-17
Adults € 8,00
Children € 4,00
- All weather
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
Please get in touch for more information.
+43 6143 8280 - 15
Mr Rudolf Gamsjäger
+43 6134 8280 - 15