Fishing in Lake Hallstatt
A large fishing area stretches around Lake Hallstatt. Take your time and enjoy fishing in the World Heritage Hallstatt-Dachstein/Salzkammergut. Enjoy beautiful hours at the lake and look forward to great catches in our fjord-like lake landscape.
Lake Hallstatt is one of the most mysterious lakes in Austria, many stories and efforts exist around this legendary lake. Seen from the air, it is reminiscent of a Norwegian fjord. The Reinanken (type of whitefish) have overtaken the char - today the lake is one of the best Reinanken lakes in Austria, although not long ago it was still dominated by char. The villages Bad Goisern and Obertraun extend around the lake, and the World Heritage Site Hallstatt is located on the western shore of the lake.
Fishing regulations at Lake Hallstättersee
- eel rod (burbot)
- spin fishing
- maximum three salmonids (including two whitefish) and five eel rods per day
- Petrol station Monika Wallner in Hallstatt Tel.: +43 6134 8712
- Fishery Struger (Bad Goisern)
- Fishing tackle Sams (Bad Ischl)
- Annual tickets are only available from Energie AG!
We have collected thefishery hot spotson the Dachstein Salzkammergut Website.
Experience a 360° Panorama tour over Lake Hallstatt...
Fishing Season: May 1 - November 15
- Seeau: all year
- Koppentraun: Okt. 1 - Nov. 15
- Bannwald: Okt. 1 - Nov. 15
- Steingraben: all year
directly situated near the main road "Lahnstraße":
parking area on P1, P2 and P3
arriving at "train station Hallstatt", take the ferry to Hallstatt, from the pier you walk 20 minutes
you arrive at the busterminal „Hallstatt Lahn“, from there it is a five minute walk
- Parking space: 5
from € 3.00 per hour coach fee: € 40.00 per day
- other recreational sports: Fishing
- Licence book once a year: € 25.00
- Day licence: € 25.00
- Week licence: € 154.00
- Season licence € 400.00
- Pike day licence: € 14.00
- Child season ticket (12-14 years): € 100.00
- Child holiday ticket (12-14 years): € 32.00
If you have a licence, you can also get your fishing permit directly from the petrol station in Hallstatt.
Please get in touch for more information.