Welcome to our Caves Museum!
The Dachstein Cave Museum is not only one of Upper Austria´s most interesting museums, it also has a very unusual location. The museum is situated at 1350 meters above sea level close to the middle station of the Dachstein cable car. The main focus of the museum is the exploration of the Dachstein Caves. Amongst the most popular exhibits is a model of the Mammoth Caves and the 48 kilometers of tunnels explored so far.
Whilst the Giant Ice and Mammoth Caves are open.
1st May til the end of the season (October).
* Salzburg - Highway A1 – Exit Thalgau – Bad Ischl – 25 km to Obertraun
* Vienna - Highway A1 – Exit Regau – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
* Villach - exit Golling or St. Martin - Richtung Gosau - Obertraun
* Graz - Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun - Obertraun
By train: www.oebb.at and westbahn.at
* Vienna: Railway station Vienna West – Attnang Puchheim Obertraun
* Salzburg: Salzburg – Attnang Puchheim – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
By bus from Salzburg:
*Salzburg – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
- Parking space: 300
- Parking area for disabled: 5
- Bus parking space: 10
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Für Informationen beim Kontakt anfragen.