Fly-fishing in the Gosau reservoir
At the Gosau reservoir in the idyllic rear Gosau valley, you can fly-fish in a cosy atmosphere. Enjoy beautiful hours at the lake and look forward to great fish catches in this breathtaking landscape.
Follow your passion and enjoy a few cosy hours with your family and friends at the Gosau reservoir. In the reservoir and also in the reservoirs at Klaushof (trout pond) in Gosau you can try the spinning rod, i.e. a hook. Only simple hooks are allowed, triplets are forbidden here.
The energy from Gosau’s water
The Steeg power plant in the front valley of Gosau reservoir, the Gosauschmied power plant at the Gosau reservoir and the Gosau power plant at the Lake Gosau are operated by Stern & Hafferl Verkehrsgesellschaft. The water flows from the Lake Gosau into the Gosau reservoir and from there in the 8 km long Gosaubach, whose stream bed is reserved for fly-fishing, on to the reservoirs at the Klaushof and to the storage power station in Steeg. A total of 15,000 Gosau households can be supplied with electricity using the power of the glacier water.
Fishing regulations in Gosau
Fishing is forbidden in all the tributaries of the Gosaubach!
Gosaubach flow course:
- one fishing rod, only with fly/nymph
- fishing permit: three salmonids per day
Reservoirs (Gosauschmied, Klaushof):
- one fishing rod with one hook
- no stubble fishing, no fishing with worm or dough
- no triplets
- minimum dimensions:
- Grayling 32 cm
- brown trout 30 cm
- rainbow trout 28 cm
- brook trout 25 cm
- arctic char 28 cm
- Crab fishing is forbidden without exception!
You can find more information about the licenses in prices/conditions.
We have collected the fishery hot spots on the Dachstein Salzkammergut Website.
Experience a 360° Panorama tour through the Gosau valley...
Fishing season: May 1 until September 15.
- from Salzburg:
- exit Golling - Abtenau, Rußbach, Gosau
- Gosau: Turn right at the cross Pass Gschütt and follow the Gosausee Landstaße. After about 5 km you reach the reservoir.
- from Linz:
- exit Regau - Gmunden, Bad Ischl, Bad Goisern, Gosau
- Gosau: Straight ahead at the cross Pass Gschütt and follow the Gosausee Landstaße. After about 5 km you reach the reservoir.
- Parking space: 20
no parking fee
- other recreational sports: Fishing
- day ticket (reservoir): € 20.00
- license (reservoir): € 15.00
- day ticket: € 33.00
- 3-day ticket: € 80.00
- annual ticket: € 550.00
- license: € 25.00
- Gosauschmied Inn (Gosau)
- Gosau Tourist Office
- Fishery Struger (Bad Goisern)
- Fishing tackle Sams (Bad Ischl)
Annual tickets are only available from Energie AG.
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for pushchairs
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.