How small is man in these gigantic caves!
Only a tiny part of this huge labyrinth of giant caves is open to the general public. To date, just 50 kilometres of the network have been explored and the greater part will remain a mystery to us for ever.
There is a multi-visual presentation into this fascinating world of darkness in the "Midnight Cathedral". Gain an insight into the work of explorers in these underground passage ways, shafts and gorges. Discover the beauty of little known cave animals and other small creatures who live here, before we return you safely to the outside world.
CAVE TREKKING or CAVING expeditions are also available in the Mammoth Caves. Join an experienced guide and follow in the footsteps of cave explorers. Protective clothing and ropes are provided for your safety as you climb to parts of the caves not covered by a normal tour.
NEW: Guided cave tour with the free Audioguide-App "Hearonymus" for your smartphone avaiable in 7 languages.
The Mammut Cave is open during the opening times of the Dachstein Krippenstein cable car from mid-May to October.
The Mammut Cave is open from 5 May until 28 October 2018.
Mammut Cave tours run contiously from
- 05.05.2018 to 15.06.2018: from 10:30 am to 2:25 pm
- 17.06.2018 to 29.06.2018: from 10:15 am to 2:55 pm
- 30.06.2018 to 09.09.2018: from 10:15 am to 3:30 pm
- 10.09.2018 to 28.10.2018: from 10:30 am to 2:25 pm
Please take note of the information at the Schönbergalm where you can find out the exact time of your tour. The meeting point for the tours is directly in-front of the cave. We recommend planning the mountain ascent for 1 p.m.at the latest.
* Salzburg - Highway A1 – Exit Thalgau – Bad Ischl – 25 km to Obertraun
* Vienna - Highway A1 – Exit Regau – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
* Villach - exit Golling or St. Martin - Richtung Gosau - Obertraun
* Graz - Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun - Obertraun
By train: www.oebb.at and westbahn.at
* Vienna: Railway station Vienna West – Attnang Puchheim – Obertraun
* Salzburg: Salzburg – Attnang Puchheim – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
By bus from Salzburg:
*Salzburg – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
- Toilet facility
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 1 cave admission and guide € 34,50
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 2 caves admission and guide € 40,30
Visa Mastercard Diners Club American Express Debit card Quick Cash
Up and down the mountain by cable car + guided tour in the cave: EUR 15,50
RED. RATE WITH CARD 2017
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 1 cave Mammoth Cave Ticket € 30,60
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 2 caves Ice- & Mammoth Cave € 36,30
Family Card OÖ
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for children