Of course, we would always like to have perfect sunshine bathing weather, but hardly a few hot days follow each other, all looking forward to a natural cooling in the form of pattering raindrops on our roofs. The nature in the Salzkammergut would hardly be so splendid if not at regular intervals, the rain says hello in our four towns.
When you see a raindrop coming down from the window when you look in the morning, you will notice - it does not rain as beautifully as in the Salzkammergut. Equipped with rubber boots and umbrella to explore nature has a special flair. On no other day are the colors of the landscape so intense and pure.
FAQ's Rainbow program
- Trips: Dachstein giant ice cave, Mammoth Cave, Koppenbrüller Cave, Hallstatt Salt Worlds,
- Museums: Hand.Werk.Haus Salzkammergut, Local History and Country Museum Bad Goisern, Local History Museum Gosau, Lumberjack Museum Bad Goisern, Adventure Museum Anzenaumühle, Museum Hallstatt
- Churches: Catholic Church St. Agatha, Catholic Parish Church Hallstatt, Catholic Church Obertraun, Catholic Church Bad Goisern am Hallstättersee, Protestant Church of Christ Hallstatt, Protestant Church Bad Goisern, Protestant Church Gosau
- Outdoor excursions with umbrella: Lake Gosau, Dachstein Krippenstein, Lake Koppenwinkel, eternall wall (Ewige Wand in Bad Goisern, World Cultural Heritage Site Hallstatt, experience handicrafts in Bad Goisern
- Wellness: VIVEA Gesundheitshotel night spa from 5 p.m., EurothermenResort Bad Ischl, Grimming Therme Bad Mitterndorf, Narcissus Vital Resort Bad Aussee, Wellness-Alm am Leopoldhof St. Wolfgang
Yes. You can find the bad-weather program here: Rainbow program in the Holiday Region Dachstein Salzkammergut